Do I need an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) for my new home?

Yes – for all new homes completed on or after 6 April 2008, the builder is required to provide an EPC to the owner, with evidence shown to Building Control.

When the builder has finished building they will submit a notice to Building Control which includes an energy rating using SAP (Standard Assessment Procedure) to demonstrate the building complies with Building Regulations. By the same date on the notice, the builder must get an EPC from an accredited On Construction Domestic Energy Assessor (OCDEA) give the EPC to the owner of the building and tell Building Control that this has been done.

Building Control will not issue a final completion certificate until they are sure that this has been done.

This entry was posted in Landlords. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.